The Town of Shelburne & Dufferin Drift Busters Snowmobile Club
Remind all Snowmobilers of the By-Law regarding the operation of motorized snow vehicles within the Town of Shelburne.
BY-LAW NUMBER 25-1992
1. Snowmobiles shall not be operated within the Town of Shelburne between the
hours of 11 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. of the following day excepting Friday and
Saturday when the curfew will be from 12 midnight until 9 a.m. of the following
day. This shall not apply to snowmobile operators who are returning from a trail
ride in the country or to individuals using their machines for business, provided
they do not exceed a speed of 20 km/hour within the limits of the Town.
2. No snowmobile shall be operated on private property, within the Town limits, for
any purpose, without the expressed permission of the property owner.
3. No snowmobile shall be operated on a sidewalk or any walkway normally used by
pedestrians, except to cross it at a right angle to reach the roadway.
4. No snowmobile shall be operated at a speed in excess of 20 km/hour on any street
or laneway, at any time within the Town limits.
5. No snowmobile shall be operated on any Town owned parkland e.g., Greenwood
Park, Hyland Park, Walter’s Creek Park, Simon Court Park. Only clearly marked
access routes across these lands may be used.
6. Every person who contravenes any of the provisions of this By-Law is guilty of
an offence, and is subject to the provisions of the Provincial Offences Act.